Maslenitsa is a week-long East Slavic holiday before Lent, when we say goodbye to winter and look forward to spring.
It is a week of eating and rejoicing, and each day has its own rituals and beliefs. This year, Maslenit falls in the second week of March. Pancakes are most associated with this holiday in the world,
so we share three different pancake recipes so you can prepare and have fun with all the East Slavic peoples.
An important ingredient in all three recipes is quality and high-quality eggs!
• 540 g of flour
• 450 ml of milk
• 150 g of sour cream
• 3 eggs
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1.5 teaspoons of dry yeast
• a pinch of salt
1. First mix together half the warm milk, yeast and sugar in a smaller bowl and leave
Rinse in a warm place for 10 minutes.
2. When rich foam appears, pour the contents of the bowl into a larger bowl and add
the other ingredients - the remaining milk, eggs, cream, salt and flour. Mix everything in a homogeneous dough and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
3. When the dough has risen, bake small palm-sized pancakes.
Thin pancakes or crepes
• 400 g of wheat flour
• 1 liter of milk
• 4 eggs
• 100 g of sugar
• 50 ml of oil
• a pinch of salt
• Butter and pancake frying oil
1. Beat eggs in a bowl with sugar, oil and salt. Add a little flour and milk to the salt, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Come cream
consistency of the dough.
2. Bake the pancakes in a well-heated pan, adding a little oil, a little butter and spreading the dough plan over the whole pan. Bake each pancake for 2 minutes, per minute to
Pufīgās auzu pankūkas ar Olu Baltumiem- gardi un veselīgi!
Lovers of ice cream cocktails should try this - a cocktail that will absorb more protein, and it tastes great! We offer two recipes - with coffee or bananas and peanut butter! Giving strength to gourmets!
Shake the dough before cooking. Heat the pan and cook the pancakes. In a bowl, using a hand mixer, mix the cream cheese with the caramel sauce, add the Greek yoghurt/whipped cream. Top half of the pancake with the prepared filling, and fold it into four parts. Serve with berries, pour chocolate sauce over and sprinkle with icing sugar.