In November we celebrate Latvia's birthday. At the white table, lighting red and white candles and commemorating the events that have made our nation and country strong. We invite you to celebrate this day - November 18 with a cake in red and white.
115 g butter at room temperature
300 g sugar
240 g of buttermilk
350 g of wheat flour
8 g of soda
8 g of white wine vinegar
10 g of cocoa powder
1 - 2 packs of food red coloring
For boiled cream:
3 egg yolks
250 g of sour cream
50 g sugar
20 g of corn starch
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
50 g of cold butter
For cream cheese:
250 g of cream cheese from the refrigerator
100 g of sour cream
50 g icing sugar
seeds from 1/2 vanilla pod or 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Prepare the cooked cream. In a heat - resistant bowl, place the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, cornstarch and mix everything with a whisk. Heat the cream in a small saucepan until the first bubble appears. Stirring constantly, add the warm cream to the egg mass. Pour everything back into the pot and heat, stirring constantly, until the cream thickens. Transfer it to a bowl and add the butter from the refrigerator, stirring until melted. Then put the cream in the refrigerator to cool completely and freeze.
2. Make a biscuit. Put butter in a bowl, add sugar and mix with a mixer. Separate the egg whites from the yolks. The whites are set aside, the yolks together with the oil, flour, salt and cocoa are added to the butter mass. Stir everything well.
2. In another bowl, add the red dye to the buttermilk and mix to dissolve the color evenly, then add the buttermilk to the dough.
3. In a small bowl, mix the soda with the vinegar, add the frothing mixture to the dough and mix well.
4. Whisk the egg whites into a stiff foam, then mix them into the dough in portions until a smooth dough is obtained, stirring.
6. Divide the resulting dough into two parts, one part being poured in the form of 22 cm / dm lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven at 180 ºC for 30 to 40 minutes. Then bake the second part of the dough. If there are two identical 22 cm / dm cake shapes, then both biscuits can be baked at the same time. Cool.
7. Make a cream cheese cream. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese with icing sugar and vanilla, whisk everything together with a mixer. At the end add sour cream and whipped cream, but the main thing is not to froth. Foam only until the cream has taken shape and become firm.
8. The biscuits are cut horizontally in half. Cut a little biscuit from the middle of the base, which will then be used to decorate the cake. Put 1/2 of the cooked cream on the base of the cake and smooth it out. Place a second layer of biscuit on top and spread 1/2 cream of cream on top. It is repeated in the next round, putting the boiled cream, then the cream cheese cream. The top is decorated with biscuit crumbs.
Ice cream with fruit is delicious, but mango protein ice cream with grilled peaches - perfect! Give it a try!
A beautiful and delicious recipe for both festive moments and everyday fun!
The most beautiful thing about Christmas is their waiting time. Opening an Advent calendar box every morning, making gifts like delicious baking, gingerbread searches, decorating a Christmas tree transfer and lit candles in the wreath of Advent. So much beauty and holy moments compressed in one month. Sometimes seems unfair to the rest of the year. But still it's annual darkest month. Somehow to please yourself and your loved ones around. Welcome to hot homemade cinnamon buns.